Monday, March 23, 2015

The Aging Body....

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not invincible ( then again, I'm lying). I started going back to the gym
making it my daily early morning routine, keeping myself well toned and healthy as people continue trying to guess my age.

Last week I kind of over did it by lifting more than I should have which resulted in me straining my lower back and let me tell you, it's been a trying recovery because I'm one who likes to heal quickly getting back into routine but instead I've been using a baseball bat as a cane as I get up to walk around my home, putting a generous amount of Icey Hot on the affected area while also using a heating pad until I've finally healed

When I was younger, when you strained a muscle something it took a couple of days to heal but as you get older, well the body takes a little more time to heal than I like, which tends to make me a bit impatient. Ah, to be young again!!!

Sometimes I act as if I'm still young at heart but the body tends to remind me that the maturity of life has crept upon me .

No fair, no fair, I cry wishing there truly was a fountain of youth but instead I will just have to adjust my eating habits (trying so hard to cut out the junk food), stretch before a workout and always lift with my legs.

No comments: