Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cautionary Tale....

Ah life!!! What a beautiful, mystical, worrisome, troublesome, painful, wonderful. loving,
courageous and I could go on and on and on journey....

Am I trying to make a point? Oh, not really. Just thought it would be a nice start to my post.

Someone posed a question to me recently and that question was; "do I believe in love at first sight"

To be honest I'm not sure if I do and I consider myself a hopeless romantic though past events may have tainted me a tad bit.

I guess in a perfect world it would be nice to fall madly in love with someone at first sight with the birds chirping a beautiful melody in the background as the sun shined brightly high above, knowing this person you first laid eyes on was truly meant for you and the two of you would live happily ever after ... YEAH, RIGHT!!

For one, I'm a cautiously optimistic hopeless romantic. Which may be a challenge for any deserving, handsome and amazing gentleman that I find myself getting involved with and giving my heart to.

I hate to say it but because of past situations I do tread very cautiously when it comes to matters of the heart.

It's become more apparent since I started writing about romance and relationships incorporating some of my past relationships into some of the stories. Thanks to the encouragement of special people in my life.

Its interesting the discoveries I've come across as I write. For instance, I find myself going back and re-reading some of the classics while researching for modern day authors that continue to write in such a manner.

The reason I enjoy doing this is because I feel the classic writers of yesteryear wrote so eloquently and with such sophistication. They gave way to such intellectual conversations because what was written was very thought provoking and not filled with mind numbing rhetoric.

Another thing I discovered while writing were important questions one should address when first dating someone.

Which may be difficult in this day and age when a majority of people are engaging in conversation via text messaging. I've even heard about couples going out with each other and instead of having a nice conversation amongst themselves they're both busy texting on their cell phones. WOW!!!

Now getting back to the questions one should ask when first dating. The number one question that should always be asked is......"What are your intentions"?

Plain and simple right? I mean this was the question asked back in the golden days when a young gentleman wanted to take out or date some one's daughter.

Let's be adult about this! When you meet someone you're attracted to, let them know up front what your intentions are. Don't have them playing the guessing game and investing their emotions in a relationship going no where.

Be BRUTALLY honest!!! If your intention is to just sleep with them or make them your friend with benefits or to just casually date or may be you are looking to develop a lasting relationship. Then just be straight forward and say so. No beating around the bush.

Now for those who do believe in love at first sight, I hand you a rose, wishing you all the love and happiness in the world!

OK, I'm done with my latest distraction. Now back to work!! :)

No comments: