Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Black Actor Playing James Bond??!!

After reading an article on essence.com about Denzel Washington being interested in playing James Bond, I thought to myself "is the world let alone America ready for a black actor to play James Bond?

I for one would love to see it!!!

I know some may complain that I'm not being political correct by saying "black" and not "African American".

Well the actor in which I believe would be the best candidate for that particular role is not from American but from England.

So you see, African American would not be an appropriate description and the actor I am referring to is Idris Elba. Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic but anyway....

Though I love Denzel and think he's an amazing actor, I truly believe that Idris Elba would be best suited for the part if ever the studio decided to make such a move despite some people stating (yes, there's actually a forum on the subject) that creator Ian Fleming would roll over in his grave.
Idris Elba     -     Denzel Washington

So again I ask the question, "is the world ready for a black actor to play James Bond"?

No comments: