Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dating Oneself . . . .

I figured just because I'm a fantastic, wonderful mom, friend, sibling, and daughter doesn't mean that I have to forget about little ole me.

Often times we as women tend to cater to everyone's needs but our own, causing us to be stressed, feel unappreciated and a tad bit resentful.

That's why I make it a point to have time for myself.
Time to relax, meditate, catch up on my reading and maybe sip a glass of vino while listening to some smooth jazz.

Then there are times where I will go out with some friends to dinner or to a club to let my hair down and free myself from stress.
Hey, I'm like a free spirit like the wind, a Libra who is ruled by Venus.

There has to be a balance, can't be all work!!

This year I promised myself that if there are times I need to go out to get a break and none of my friends can accompany me, then I will make it a point to go out with myself. If it's to go bike riding, to a coffee shop to read, a deli, a restuarant or a night club, then it can be me, myself and I.

Hmm, maybe I should take myself to Brownstone On Main some Tuesday and checkout the "Black Pearl Poetry" or checkout the "Thirty Something Thursdays" at Light Columbus. Of course if I don't have any other plans this weekend, I could always take myself to club Karma or BoMA. We'll see. I just hope I don't stand myself up.

No comments: