Friday, April 13, 2007

Why Do We Do It???


This morning after getting out of the shower I pondered about the ritual that I was about to perform. The ritual of "Putting On My Jeans".
As I paced back and forth staring at my jeans which seem to mock me while laying upon my bed, all I could think of was, "WHY"? Why I must I put myself through this every time?

As I pondered a little while longer, I had finally held the jeans in my hand. Bending down, I began to slide one foot into one leg and then the other, easily pulling them up over my calves, then over my knees. . . .soon the workout began!!! Jumping up and down, tugging and pulling wondering if I ate too many sweets the day before or did too many deep knee bends or squats (thoughts that always seem to plague my mind when engaging in this ritual), because it always seems as if the workout begins when pulling the jeans over my thighs, hips and behind.


More jumping and pulling, jumping and pulling, finally the jeans are resting on my waist. I breath a sigh of relief hoping not to pass out, I zip them up and snap or just button them up whichever the case maybe (today it was buttoning). Putting on a nice designer blouse and one of my favorite pair of heels, I look into the mirror and smile. "Now this is why we do what we do". . . . . . . . . . . to look good!!!

No comments: